[TowerTalk] rotary tower : cable management solution at base

To: "'towertalk@contesting.com'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] rotary tower : cable management solution at base
From: Richard Riley <Richard.Riley@tango.hr>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 11:00:38 +0000
Hi all,

I'm about to install the first of 5 rotary towers here @ 9A1TT. This is the
smallest at 31m but they all based on triangular 6m segments measuring 50 or
60cm to a side.
Concrete will be poured for the base and guy points on Monday...so I'm quite
excited, having waited 4 years for the paperwork to be cleared :)!

Now to my question.

The tower sits on a typical base (with 3 phase motor) that measures 1m in
height.  The system looks very similar to those on offer at XG and RTS.
What I haven't seen anywhere (at least not documented online) is a mechanically
sound yet elegant solution to handle the coiling of coax and control cables as
the tower rotates through its 450o.

The tower will carry 4 mono-banders, an electronic compass for rotation
controller and a safety light on top...perhaps later another yagi for 6m..or
alike.
I'm opting for 10-15mm flexible coax to run the length of the tower and into
the concrete.
So I have a "cable loom" (or 2, if I separate coax from cables) which is no
larger than 50mm outer diameter.

I considered using a cable drag chain to support the spiral and protect the
coax etc... but haven't ever seen one used for this application.
Or am I complicating matters (wanting the loom to look as sexy as the tower
:))...and will a flexible UV-resistant conduit suffice?

What do you use?  Pictures to my email much appreciated :).

rgds

73 9a1tt

Richard Riley

[http://www.tango.hr/images/tango.png]<http://www.tango.hr>
tango komunikacije d.o.o.
Strojarska cesta 22
10000 - Zagreb - Croatia
office: +385(0)1 5494 301
fax: +385(0)1 5494 315
EU VAT#: HR73112507864

[http://www.tango.hr/images/eu.png] [http://www.tango.hr/images/fondovi.png]
[http://www.tango.hr/images/competitivecroatia.png]
Ulaganje u budu?nost
Europska unija
Investing in your future
European union

Projekt Podizanje konkurentnosti putem uvo&dstrok;enja inovativnih IKT rje?enja
u poslovne procese tvrtke tango komunikacije sufinanciran je uz pomo&cacute;
Europske unije iz Europskog fonda za regionalni razvoj.
A recent project Improving tango's competitiveness by introducing innovative
ICT solutions in our business processes, was co-financed by the European Union
from the regional development fund.