[TowerTalk] Painting tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Painting tower
From: Bill via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 21:12:28 -0400
I agree with K7LXC.  I got some really nice used Rohn 65 tower that was clean
but had the red and white candy stripr.  I used Behr's Best paint (flat) and
painted over the other paint.  I moved after four years and it was like new.
You definitely want to use a mitt to paint...sloppy but effective.  Spraying
wastes too much paint and you'll wind up missing lots of spots.

Make sure you remove any loose paint and it helps to give it a general roughing
up with sand paper to help the adherence.  If you can wait I would suggest
Labor Day weekend to buy the paint as they always have it on sale that weekend.
 Plan on at least 2-3 gallons with that much tower if you use a mitt.

Bill K4XS/KH7XS