Re: [TowerTalk] What does -db antenna gain mean?

To: ko7ss@yahoo.com, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] What does -db antenna gain mean?
From: Grant Saviers <grants2@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 16:42:20 -0700
I strongly encourage you to read Rudy Severns' great work on radials and top loading. antennasbyn6lf.com

Capacity hat top loading is well proven to beat most (all?) other short vertical antenna designs for antenna efficiency and 8 elevated radials can do the job of dozens of buried ones. My 160m wire T short vertical has about 50KHz of 2:1 bandwidth.

Grant KZ1W