Re: [TowerTalk] Crappy LMR600 (WK1W)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Crappy LMR600 (WK1W)
From: "WK1W-Ivan Shapiro" <WK1W@ivanshapiro.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 07:33:22 -0400
I don't use LMR600.  I use LMR400 from shack to tower.  I have had LMR400UF
from base to antennas 5 years with no deterioration, cracking etc,  However
the up-the-tower runs of UF are encased in large-diameter split-loom, like
in auto engine compartments.  Four runs of UF, one cat5-e, one siamese (75
ohm and 24vac).  I did this because initially the cat5e and siamese got
caught on standoffs and ripped them.  My solution was to encase them.  Since
then I bought standoffs with larger openings from KF7P.  Now I can run more
coax and split-loom if needed.  OTOH if I was going to to run more coax I
would use BURYFLEX.  :)

Ivan Shapiro WK1W
WK1W@ivanshapiro.com

---