Re: [TowerTalk] Tuning raised radial verticals

To: Bryon Paul Veal NØAH <bryonveal@msn.com>, Towertalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tuning raised radial verticals
From: Rudy Bakalov via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 21:23:25 +0000 (UTC)
I am measuring the impedance at the very base of the vertical with a calibrated
RigExpert. According to DX Engineering the vertical should be connected without
any baluns, matching networks...nothing. Furthermore, they are saying that the
vertical should be resonant 4% of the target array frequency. That is, in my
case, if I want to tune the array for 3.550 each individual vertical should be
tuned for 3.413.
Rudy N2WQFrom: Bryon Paul Veal NØAH <bryonveal@msn.com>To: Rudy Bakalov
<r_bakalov@yahoo.com>; Towertalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>Sent:
Thursday, August 31, 2017, 4:34:40 PM EDTSubject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tuning raised
radial verticals
your seeing changes in the FEEDPOINT impedance using a tuned raised radial,
thus your SWR will move  if yoy mess with them.  Suggest you consider using
UnUns at the feedpoints to match the coax impedence to that of the
verticals.  Also, a Comtek hybred coupler.....

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com