Re: [TowerTalk] brown/green film on rohn 45 tower sections

To: "Dave Thompson" <thompson@mindspring.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] brown/green film on rohn 45 tower sections
From: "Bob Shohet, KQ2M" <kq2m@kq2m.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2017 13:36:31 -0400
Hi Dave,

I hope that you didn’t have any damage from Irma.  If you had flooding and your
tower sections were immersed then that film could be anything.  If all the
towers got was rain then it is probably some combination of pollen, mold, etc.

Hayfever season starts ~ August 10 (or earlier) and runs till the first killing
frost. It is definitely not too late for pollen.  At this time of year I can
wake up any morning and see a thick greenish-yellow film all over my car.
Right now there is heavy ragweed and pine pollen – both greenish.  Goldenrod as
well – yellowish green.  If you live in a forest as I do, it is that much
thicker.  I realize that your local botany is somewhat different from mine in
Connecticut but hayfever season is not confined to the Northeast.

73

Bob KQ2M