Re: [TowerTalk] Fan Dipole

To: "Dan Maguire" <djm2150@yahoo.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fan Dipole
From: "Don W7WLL" <w7wll@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2017 17:12:53 -0700
Tnx for sharing that Dan, interesting reading. I even liked the bit about the BC-610 (my first HP amp in '62, could wipe out every TV and hifi within a couple of blocks I think). An I used the AN/GRC-9 when in uniform, long long time ago.

But the best part was the explanation given for the center connection separation. In my case I do not have one under the other. The 40 runs off at different angles from the 80 so not sure how much 'wind' movement would play on its general operation. I had planned on the 160 also off at another angle, essentially, looking down from the top the 6 wires would be almost equidistant from each other.

Guess I've never know till I finish it and put some juice to it. As to the comment from another on being a poor 160 antenna I agree, but better than nothing which is where I am at the moment.

Again tnx to all for the inputs and ideas.

-----Original Message----- From: Dan Maguire via TowerTalk