[TowerTalk] DX Antenna, power, rig, skill, or attitude

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] DX Antenna, power, rig, skill, or attitude
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2017 04:11:47 -0400
Some of the worst antennas on the market have been used to work a lot of DX.

Some stations running QRO with huge signals can be heard calling and calling and calling. I've heard, on a couple of occasions, the DX station telling them to stop calling as they will never put them in the log book. OTOH I've heard them give reports to stations they could barely hear.

Knowing when and how to call is paramount.  A station with a GOOD antenna, power, and skill (and good manners) is going to win, but one with skill  a mediocre antenna, that can be heard will do surprisingly well.

Roger (K8RI)

---