[TowerTalk] 3-way handheld comm recommendation for tower work

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 3-way handheld comm recommendation for tower work
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 08:57:34 -0700
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 15:54:08 +0800
From: "Jeff" <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>

<I?m looking for a recommendation on some sort of small radio that could be
used when we have guys up on the tower.  The catch is I would like to find
something that would have a shared frequency so we could have a 3+ radios on
the same frequency.

Cell phones with bluetooth would be ideal but that?s out because the local cell
phone service for the guys on the ground is spotty which is really too bad
because that would be a perfect solution.  Something like 2m would work ok but
that?s not duplex and would require PTT activation with a hand that is not
necessary going to be free to push the button.

I?m a HF guy and really don?t know anything about hand-held solutions but I
would guess there is a cheap silver-bullet for this task.  Just have zero idea
of what it would be.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie

##  FRS  with headsets + Vox.  Or perhaps hands free phoneS....and phone  line
to top of tower.   9-14 vdc  would be more than ample to power it all.      144
mhz  simplex will work, but its  ptt....pita.  That plus some clown  from
across  town will be able to copy the fellow at top of tower, break in, then
offer his...advice.

Jim  VE7RF