Re: [TowerTalk] More information about my problem; . Re: Heliax acting s

To: kr2q@optimum.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] More information about my problem; . Re: Heliax acting strangely: Help?
From: Chuck Dietz <w5prchuck@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 18:19:13 -0500
I have had traces on the ends of hardline that looked like calcium or maybe
salt deposits. Slightly off-color, almost invisible, They conduct from
center to shield.  It is difficult to scrape them off. They usually will
register as a resistance on an ohm meter. Sometimes resistance is lower at
one end, indicating the path at that end.  Might want to cut an inch off to
get rid of the end and start over.
Try an ohm meter on the hardline. Any resistance, even in the megohm range
is bad.

Chuck W5PR