Re: [TowerTalk] [CQ-Contest] FTDX 3000 as a contest radio?

To: "Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] [CQ-Contest] FTDX 3000 as a contest radio?
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 07:00:27 -0500
It came to realization during my best hour in Nicaragua as YN2KW in the CQ WPX
contest.  The minimum signal level of a mix of stations on my run frequency was
10 over S9, with peaks of 40 over at times.  How does dynamic range deal with
this?

BTW, the rig was a Kenwood TS-480HX with SSB and CW filters.  Audio was Heil
Quiet Phone with HC4 mic element.  No amplifier was used.

73, Keith NM5G