[TowerTalk] Google Earth - Amazing Resolution

To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Google Earth - Amazing Resolution
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 09:41:59 -0700
Navigate to 37.077940° N, -122.141780° W. The larger building is my house, the smaller one, more or less under the lat/lon marker, is my shack. Look to the SW about 70 ft for a line running diagonally. That's my 80/40 fan dipole that's broadside to JA and SA. The 80M element is #10 THHN, the 40 M element is #12 THHN. The dots are spacers, made from 1/2-in PVC conduit, and they are approximately vertical. Look just N of the house. That's the boom of my 3-el SteppIR. Look about 450 ft west from the marker -- those are power lines running diagonally, my property line is just to the SW. And you can see a solar array that drives me nuts on the higher bands during the summer daylight hours, especially 6M.

73, Jim K9YC