Re: [TowerTalk] Cob Web Antenna

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cob Web Antenna
From: Dan Maguire <danac6la@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2017 20:38:46 -0700
W4TV wrote:
>>> The "diamond" option is interesting ... are the feedlines connected from
>>> feed point to feed point or are they all connected in parallel at the
>>> "balun box"?

I actually modeled both variations.  In the graphics for the second
section on this page

http://ac6la.com/aecollection9.html

the wires view following the words "Here's a different variation; a
diamond shape ..." shows the one using separate feedpoints connected
via short, 12.5 ohm transmission lines.  That one requires four
user-made transmission lines plus a 4:1 balun.  Then the last wires
view at the end of the section, following "Another idea I tinkered
with ..." shows all the feedpoints ganged together like a normal
cobweb.  That just requires a 4:1 balun.

In this zip file

http://ac6la.com/adhoc/Cobwebs.zip

the first variation is model "AC6LA Diamond Cobweb.weq" and the second
is "AC6LA Diamond v2 Cobweb.weq".

>>> Have you tried modelling a 40/30 meter version ...

Nope.  But if any AutoEZ users would like to give it a go by changing
a few variables in one of the existing models I'll be happy to help
you out if you get stuck.

>>> ... and placing it 5 feet or so above/below a three/four element yagi while
>>> checking for any interaction 40 to 15 or 30 to 10 meters?

Nope again.  Same offer.

Dan, AC6LA