Re: [TowerTalk] Mot R36 related to NUMBER of installed ground rods

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Mot R36 related to NUMBER of installed ground rods
From: Wes Stewart <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2017 07:56:57 -0700
This might be of interest.

www.electricalpartmanuals.com/pdf/miscellaneous/Biddle%20Instruments/.../25TA.pdf

On 11/3/2017 5:14 AM, Clay Autery wrote:
Simple answer... you can't.  There is an Appendix in R56 that details how you measure your system to insure you meet whatever standard you set for yourself. It would appear that the equipment for the measurements is more expensive than adding a significant number of rods and wire. I'm planning to create the largest disc-like field possible within the bounds of my tiny property, which according to my figures will be massive overkill... which is exactly what I am going for.

Please feel free to email/call me if you want to chat on the subject.  I have spent several hundred hours researching, studying, designing my system. I'll guarantee you that there are folks here more experienced and more qualified than I to discuss this with you, but I'm willing nonetheless.

Have a great day!

73,
Clay, KY5G
(318) 518-1389