Re: [TowerTalk] OT. FS Tower & Coax Grounding-Sealing Kits

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] OT. FS Tower & Coax Grounding-Sealing Kits
From: Gedas <w8bya@mchsi.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 19:03:34 -0500
How else are you going to have a HUGE signal ? <g>. Luckily the copper can be cut to wrap around any cable and secured with a couple hose clamps etc.

Gedas, W8BYA

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....

On 11/14/2017 6:19 PM, john@kk9a.com wrote:
LDF12 is HUGE coaxial cable!

John KK9A

To:     towertalk@contesting.com, moon-net@mailman.pe1itr.com,
TestEquipTrader@yahoogroups.com
From:   Gedas <w8bya@mchsi.com>
Date:   Tue, 14 Nov 2017 15:56:27 -0500

I found 9 NOS, Andrew LDF12 "Sureground" grounding kits down in the dungeon
that I was saving but will never use. Each OEM bag contains a roll of Scotch
3M, Type 700 Commercial/Industrial, 7 mil tape, approx 21' x 2" and rated
for up to 190F service. This is the best tape I have ever used for sealing
coaxial connections.

Also included is a roll of Andrew Commercial/Industrial "hand-moldable"
sealing tape. Approx 22" x 2-1/2". Slightly over 1/8" thick and very soft
and gooey. Meant to be hand molded/formed over sensitive connections before
the final layers of the outer tape is applied.

Also included is a ~38" long, #6 insulated, stranded copper cable for tower
grounding. One end has an attached copper "cradle" or "strap" that can open
& close making it easy to wrap around the tower leg. The copper strap is
about 6"-7" long (if you were to open itup & flatten it out and about 1-3/4"
wide. Copper is nice and very shiny. The other end of the #6 cable has a
heavy-duty, crimped on (with double holes), terminal lug with ~3/8" holes.
Also in the kit are a pair of 1" long x 3/8" dia. SS bolts that are designed
to go through the 2 terminal lug holes of the crimped on terminal. The 2
bolts come with 4 lock washers, 2 nuts and are all S.S.Also is some
anti-seize compound in a separate sealed bag. As these are NOS some of them
may have some of the black "hand-moldable" sealant on some of the items in
the bag because Andrew does not put that stuff in a separate baggy. Also one
bag was opened up by me so I could make measurements of the items listed
above. All bags have an Andrew instructionsheet. Asking $20 per kit. A USPS
medium or large flat rate box would work well here for 4-6 of them unless
someone wanted to purchase all of them, in which case I would need to put
them all in a slightly larger box and ship via FedEx, USPS, etc. PayPal
works aok for me.

Gedas, W8BYA