Re: [TowerTalk] Connector Crimping Tool Advice

To: 'towertalk reflector' <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Connector Crimping Tool Advice
From: Bryan Fields <Bryan@bryanfields.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2017 06:12:04 -0500
On 12/3/17 11:59 PM, Mike Ryan wrote:
> I am SURE that this has been discussed before, however I now need to pay
> more attention to some first hand accounts and advise on the subject.

If only there was some way to search for things like this, however I'm aware
of no such technology.  I suspect if such a technology was developed, it would
become an overnight success and make its inventor untold wealth.

> I am
> considering the purchase of connectors and the proper tool for crimping
> these connectors onto LMR-400 primarily and some other cables over time.  I
> have no problem installing the 'old fashioned' style connectors but hear
> more reports of crimp style connectors being used on the LMR-400 cable than
> in the past.

Buy the proper tools:
https://www.tessco.com/products/displayProductInfo.do?sku=416133

or the cheaper kits, which are almost as good:
https://www.tessco.com/products/displayProductInfo.do?sku=33713

Stripper and deburr tool:
https://www.tessco.com/products/displayProductInfo.do?sku=315538

N connectors, use the EZ series.