[TowerTalk] Tribander

To: Towertalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tribander
From: Herb Krumich via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2017 01:14:10 +0000 (UTC)
Just throwing this out there.I have a 3 element 40 at just above the top of a
90 foot Rohn 45The third set of guys is at 78 feetI have a small TIC ring which
I want to put at the 80 foot level when the weather breaks in the spring.My
original plans was putting the 3 el 40 on the TIC ring, because I had a Skyhawk
up top.But when the 3 el 40 was delivered, and I saw the size of the square
boom, I knew plans had to be changed.The Skyhawk has been taken down and sold
"tears"  because it could not be installed on the TIC.I need middle boom
spacing, so the antenna can lay on the TIC. Antennas such as HyGain has a
coupling system for the DE's that prevent mounting.Right now I am looking at a
JK XR5JK. It's on an 18 foot boom and has two full size elements for 5 bands.I
mostly do CW contesting, so would forfeit 12 and 17 if need beYour thoughts
would be appreciatedI'm thinking a boom of no more that 20-24 feetBut again,
placing on the TIC is very importantThanks and Happy HolidaysHerb K2LNS