Re: [TowerTalk] common mode chokes, baluns and multiband doublets

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] common mode chokes, baluns and multiband doublets
From: Wes Stewart <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2017 20:06:53 -0700
He said it because he doesn't know what he's talking about.

On 12/11/2017 7:18 PM, David Gilbert wrote:

There are a lot of reasons why window line is not a good idea, but it's totally wrong to say that a common mode choke will choke the signals on window line.   I really don't understand why you would say that.  The fields generated by each wire for a signal traveling along window line oppose each other ... there is no field to choke if the currents are equal (i.e., the line is balanced).  And if the currents are not equal, then the common mode choke more or less forces them to be equal ... just like a common mode choke is supposed to.

Dave   AB7E