[TowerTalk] Fwd: TowerTalk Digest, Vol 180, Issue 26

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: TowerTalk Digest, Vol 180, Issue 26
From: Hans Hammarquist via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2017 14:05:56 -0500
 No really. Yes, if they all are connected in serial or parallel you get a
total of 31,200 pF. If you, on the other hand make two seril chains and
parallel then you get the 1950 pF mentioned. They probably used enough in
serial to get the needed voltage rating and/or two in parallel to get the
needed current rating. Not uncommon to do. I would believe one cap of 2000 pf
would be much more expensive than the 8 used.

I don't know what voltage or current rating is required but I have used the
parallel/serial trix in other applications. Worked great. In one of my
applications I had to use sixteen (16!) 0.1 uF caps to get the right current
rating. One 1.5 uF cap burnt up.

73 de,

Hans - N2JFS