Re: [TowerTalk] Array Solutions Lightning Arrestor

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Array Solutions Lightning Arrestor
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2018 11:10:13 -0800
In my experience, they fail shorted, so it's pretty obvious. :)  Although the app notes for both the ICE and Array Solutions products say that they don't always fail shorted.

The design is based on this one, which Array Solutions used to sell, but the ICE owner died several years ago. The circuit is shown in the link below.  The great thing about this circuit is that the inductor continuously discharges static.

https://www.arraysolutions.com/as-303u

73, Jim K9YC