[TowerTalk] Planning for the next move, new QTH

To: "TowerTalk@contesting.com" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Planning for the next move, new QTH
From: W1JCW John <W1JCW@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2018 16:09:05 +0000

73-
W1JCW
John

From: Chuck Dietz [mailto:w5prchuck@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2018 9:55 AM
To: W1JCW John <W1JCW@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Planning for the next move...

Congrats!

I, too have found and bought my ideal QTH, but with no house on it.  Hopefully
I will have time to build a station!

Chuck W5PR

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 9:15 AM, W1JCW John
<W1JCW@hotmail.com<mailto:W1JCW@hotmail.com>> wrote:
Good to hear experiences that have worked out for hams.

I work in Bryan Texas and gave up on finding a nice place that I could do my
thing due to ridiculous prices, no land for that and those damn HOA crap.
Been in the area since May 2017.

Was driving back to the home qth in Rockwall Texas and found a great place on
top of a hill.

The owner was selling the place himself which he built and as a plumber for 43
years did all copper pipe and built a 800 sq ft
separate workshop all finished with an insulated garage door to boot!

Built 15yrs ago sits on an acre in Robertson county which has more favorable
taxes than A&M county Brazos.
Well established grass throughout and he owns 20acre to the south which is wide
open. Plenty of room for beverages of all sorts.

Since it's in the country there are no restrictions and I can shoot guns as
well which was a big plus.

The home owner and I get along great which is nice because I can ask him
questions and so forth after the sale.

I can finally put up my 100' of Rohn 45 I've had for 10yrs along with several
other installation and play radio as we were meant to do.

If you're ever in Bryan / College Station Texas look me up and come by and
operate, it will be a world class station.

73-
W1JCW
John