Re: [TowerTalk] Pacemaker

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pacemaker
From: Patrick Greenlee <patrick_g@windstream.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 20:08:19 -0500
I set next to my KW amp and never a problem with my pacemaker. Although welding isn't encouraged for folks with pacemakers,the maker of mine says if you do weld stay under 160 amps, hold the "stinger" as far away from the pacemaker as practical, twist the leads into twisted pair, bring the cables to the work from the side away from you,  and place the Gnd clamp as close to the spot being welded as possible.  Still after doing this your pacemaker will get significantly more field strength than you might expect doing ham radio.  The arc is a broad source with energy across the spectrum.

Check your devices maker for their specs.  They list the field strengths that are safe for different freqs.

Patrick        NJ5G