Re: [TowerTalk] Length of Inverted-L.

To: john@kk9a.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Length of Inverted-L.
From: terry burge <ki7m@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 11:02:43 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Guys,

I've had pretty good luck with my inv-L which is about 109' going over a big
Oak tree near my Hytower. I have a large 56uH edge wound inductor that I tap to
get multiple resonance points between 1820-1920 Khz. But I find in contest it
is easier to just use my Palstar AT5K-HP tuner. I use the hytower's radial
field of 60+ mostly 65' radials and have the sloper sloping up from a 4" X 4"
post angling up into the tree and basically going like an upside down 'L' over
the top of the tree. Just starts to come down on the far side of the branches.
I have had very good luck so far with it working ZL2OK last year during the
CQWW160SSB contest. Look out, you are going to be hearing my poor CW more if I
can get anyone to slow down enough to work me going about 15-18 WPM (HI HI).
Had luck with the Austral Is. on 160 meters too but that's not too difficult
being in the NW USA.

If you want you can see it on my qrz.com/ki7m page. Just got up the new 1/2 WL
40 meter dipole on side of tower and 80 meter 4-Square using 1/2 WL slopers.
Hoping to be able to work Europe this year on 80 meter much better.

Terry
KI7M