Re: [TowerTalk] Broadbanding 80m Dipoles, Monopoles, and Loops

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Broadbanding 80m Dipoles, Monopoles, and Loops
From: David Gilbert <xdavid@cis-broadband.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2018 09:40:02 -0700

Another very simple approach involves two Inverted-V's perpendicular to each other, one with 67 foot legs on each side and the other with 63 foot legs (common apex at 70 feet high).  It looks pretty decent in EZNEC+ from 3.5 MHz to just over 3.8 MHz and I plan to try it out in a month or two when I finish some other projects.  It even has a slight bit of directivity.  I can send the EZNEC+ file to anyone who wants to see it.

If anyone has tried something like this and it didn't work very well, I'd like to know.  ;)  I live on a steeply sloping hillside so my takeoff angle toward Europe and Africa from here in southern Arizona is much lower than would normally be expected for a height of 70 feet.  See the first HFTA plot at http://www.ab7e.com/HFTA/AB7E_HFTA.html

73,
Dave   AB7E