[TowerTalk] "Universal" Choke in a Box?

To: Towertalk Reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] "Universal" Choke in a Box?
From: Kirk Kleinschmidt via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2018 07:46:16 +0000 (UTC)
Hi, gang,
I'm thinking about building two chokes that can be inserted at/near antennas or
at/near my radios. I plan to use about 15 turns of rg-400 on an FT-240-31 core
housed inside a weatherproof plastic 4-inch utility box from the local big box
store.

To maximize flexibility, and because I often use RG-6/RG-11 in addition to the
usual 50-ohm cables, I'm wondering if I can get away with building the chokes
with chassis-mount "F" connectors and the usual SO-239 connectors wired in
parallel and mounted close together, side by side?

That is, the input and output sides of the box would each have a pair of
coaxial connectors wired in parallel. If I'm using RG-6 I can use the "F"
connectors. If I'm using RG-8 I can use the SO-239s (one connector on each side
at a time!).

Will this cause problems?
Thanks,
--Kirk, NT0Z  Rochester, MN My book, "Stealth Amateur Radio," is now available
from www.stealthamateur.com and on the Amazon Kindle (soon)