Re: [TowerTalk] Split Loom as an anti-critter device?

To: "chuck.gooden" <chuck.gooden@comcast.net>, "Scott Townley" <scott@nx7u.net>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Split Loom as an anti-critter device?
From: "Bob Shohet, KQ2M" <kq2m@kq2m.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 19:50:14 -0400
As much as the critters LOVED my RG6 Quad Shield for the beverages and the
RG213 in the heavy brush, the have completely left alone the Buryflex on my
lawn for the past several years.

My experience has been that In the deep woods the critters will gnaw on
anything that’s out there.  But they will steadfastly avoid anything that is in
a wide open space – like a lawn.  I suspect that is because they fear that they
will be a hawk/eagle/owl snack when they come out in the open so they avoid it
or move quickly when in the wide open spaces.  But they casually gnaw stuff if
they can do it from the safety/security of brush obscuring them.

You didn’t mention where you in the Northeast you are living or if you are in a
heavily wooded area or development.  It can make a big difference.

If you run your Andrews across a completely wide open space on the ground and
you live in New England, I wouldn’t be concerned with critter bites.

I live in a dense forest with wetlands on top of a hill in Western CT and we
have just about every kind of wildlife living within 1/4 mile of my house
except for Moose and Mountain Lion.

73

Bob , KQ2M