Re: [TowerTalk] synchro to RS232

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] synchro to RS232
From: jimlux <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 15:16:16 -0800
On 11/19/18 12:13 PM, Gerry Hull wrote:
I solved the problem the Q&D way by putting a camera on the Telrex display.

If you do it on Arduino, I'd be interested.

Analog Devices chips:

https://www.analog.com/en/parametricsearch/10890

The ones that actually do a synchro (with 3 inputs, etc.) are pretty pricey (>$2000) each

The $10 chips do provide a "measure amplitude and phase with respect to a reference", and you'd need three of them.

I think for a 1 degree accuracy device that doesn't need to work at many rev/second, one can do well enough with a more crude hardware approach.

The 10-12 bit ADC in the Arduino should be good enough.

You'd need some resistor voltage dividers to get the voltages in the right range.

Gerry W1VE