Re: [TowerTalk] Big RAK in HDX589 ?

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Big RAK in HDX589 ?
From: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 03:12:18 +0000 (UTC)
 OK, the Big Rak is a no go then.   :-(
Now the question is whether the small RAK will fit and allow the tower to
completely retract..............
BobK6UJ
    On Wednesday, December 19, 2018, 7:07:41 PM PST, Richard (Rick) Karlquist
<richard@karlquist.com> wrote:

On 12/19/2018 6:25 PM, Kent Olsen wrote:
> Bob
>
> I was told that the Big RAK would fit in my HDX572 but it would stick out.
> If you lower the tower all the way it will hit the top of the second
> section.

It's worse than that.  The Big RAK would prevent you from lowering the
tower all the way.  On my HDX-5106, it would not go below 50 feet.
It's the same as the fact that I have to extend the tower to
50 feet to install or uninstall any rotor.  I extend it horizontally
while it is laid down on saw horses.

Rick N6RK