Re: [TowerTalk] New Transmitting Choke Cookbook

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New Transmitting Choke Cookbook
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2018 00:07:46 -0800
On 12/23/2018 3:49 PM, Richard (Rick) Karlquist wrote:

AFAIK, there is a typo on page 9, second paragraph:

µ' should be µ"

No,µ' is correct -- it's the lower inductance that results in low Z at lower frequencies and higher Z at higher frequencies because it resonates at a higher frequency. And µ' defines the inductance, while µ"defines the loss term.  But I wrote the sentence badly, which is why you thought I was talking about loss. I'll work on that.  Thanks for the review!

73, Jim