Re: [TowerTalk] Skyhawks on TIC Rings?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Skyhawks on TIC Rings?
From: Tom Hellem <tom.hellem@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2019 06:14:25 -0700
I don't think you can go wrong switching to the Skyhawk.
Recently acquired one for the first time and although I have not put it
into service yet it appears to me
that it is an improvement on the already good design of the Force 12. I
have had the F12's in the air for
20 years without touching them and with no sign of deterioration. The
Skyhawk looks to have a little better
element to boom mounting hardware arrangement so I would expect them to
have the same or better longevity.
The only warning I might offer is that on the one I just acquired the
strips of plastic that they use to maintain
the distance between the closely-spaced driven elements were all broken
and  their appearance indicates that
this is a result of deterioration caused by UV from the sun. My solution is
going to be to acquire a different type
of plastic material for the replacements that will survive UV better.

Tom
K0SN