Re: [TowerTalk] JK 402 versus CC XM-240

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] JK 402 versus CC XM-240
From: Gedas <w8bya@mchsi.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 10:14:26 -0500
I realize this is getting OT from the original post but if you already own a 2L 40m yagi and are thinking about replacing it because of inadequate F/B consider transforming it into a 2L rotatateable phased array.

As an experiment several years I converted my XM-240 into a phased array of my own design because the F/B was so poor regardless of height above ground. In the end I was very impressed with it's performance. The mod was simple and took less then several days to implement. Some F/B examples can be seen in this video I shot (just be gentle as it was the very first video I ever made or put on YouTube and had no clue what I was doing).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCrwEzQ9d0M&t=1s

Gedas, W8BYA

Gallery at http://w8bya.com
Light travels faster than sound....