Re: [TowerTalk] old rotor contacts repair question

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] old rotor contacts repair question
From: Robert Harmon <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 12:16:35 -0700
I agree with Steve.  The jumpy meter is probably the rotors internal pot
wearing out.  It will just get worse.  I would replace it.  You could clean the
connector strip and replace the screws but   removing the connector strip and
putting in a grommet and an in line connector as Steve mentioned is a better
way to go.

Where do you stop on this hihi.   As long as you have taken the rotor shell
apart to replace the positioning pot you might as well put in new ball bearings
and grease before reassembling.
I have overhauled the Ham-II’s and the Tailtwisters, they have basically the
same process.  Easy to do.  There are videos on line to show how its done.

For the parts, rotor repair places like Norm’s Rotors on line are good
resources for parts.   Also MFJ on line has the parts.  The parts are pretty
cheap.

Good luck !

Bob
K6UJ