Re: [TowerTalk] Liquid Electrical Tape?

To: "'towertalk reflector'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Liquid Electrical Tape?
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2019 20:46:22 -0500
I have heard the best is 3M Scotchkote.  However, I recently inspected a
coax connection on the outdoor 2 meter cable running from repeater to
antenna (on top of 500 foot building).  It had been slathered with
Scotchkote after sealing with two wraps of 88, one wrap of 2228 fusion tape
and two final wraps of 88.  It appears the Scotchkote was useless in the
harsh outdoor environment at 500 feet.  It was dry and balled up, exposing
the 88 underneath.  This connection was inspected because of high SWR at the
duplexer bottles.  The problem was discovered to be the N barrel connecting
two runs of LDF50A.  The first wrap of 88 with sticky side out made the
removal a snap.

73 Keith NM5G