Re: [TowerTalk] "Newer Style" Rohn 45G Guy Brackets

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] "Newer Style" Rohn 45G Guy Brackets
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2019 21:33:34 -0500
The Rohn 55G bracket that I installed years ago seemed to match your description. I would not deviate from the manufacture's instructions. The washers and oval ring provide spacing so the bracket rests on the tower bracing and it also allows for the bolt to be fully tightened so it does not fall apart later.

John KK9A

Byron wrote:

Hello- I have always used the "older style" Rohn 45G guy brackets that have two of 5/8" bolts at the guy attachment points. One bolt (inner one) secures bracket and rests against tower leg, the other bolt (outer one) is for attachment of torque arm piece or a guy wire thimble. I bought some of the "newer style" 45G guy brackets that were incomplete, all I got was the large pieces. I bought the 3 of smaller inner bracket pieces that bolt to interior of bracket from a Rohn supplier, but I did not think to get the washers and guy attachment ring pieces that attach to the single 5/8" bolt out at guy bracket ends. I was studying the drawing for this style bracket and it appears to me that the washers and "guy attachment ring" are probably necessary. I thought I would ask someone that has attached these style brackets if you could use a thimble in there instead of the ring. Possibly the single bolt tightens up against the washers and ring, and is necessary to have correct thickness in there.Thanks,Byron