Re: [TowerTalk] Pulley at the top corner of an inverted L

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Pulley at the top corner of an inverted L
From: n8de@thepoint.net
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2019 16:32:46 -0400
Find a pulley with a ceramic or porcelain wheel inside.
73
Don
N8DE

Quoting K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>:

Hi Pete,

I'd be concerned that the metal to metal contact might invite IMD or
generation of harmonics.

73,
Scott K9MA

On 4/30/2019 14:17, N4ZR wrote:
73, Pete N4ZR
Check out the Reverse Beacon Network
at <http://reversebeacon.net>, now
spotting RTTY activity worldwide.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.

I've just got a rope up 60 feet or so in a maple tree, and I'm ready to string an inverted L.

My question - I have several stainless steel pulleys with about a 1" sheave. If I insulate the pulley from the haul-up rope, is it a good/bad/indifferent idea to string the inverted L wire (14 copper, stranded) through the pulley rather than just using an insulator to make the bend.  It strikes me that having the bend move, however slightly, on the wire is likely to be less destructive than just having a sharp bend moving through an insulator end..

Comments?

Scott  K9MA

k9ma@sdellington.us