Re: [TowerTalk] My First Tower

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>, "w0jx@yahoo.com" <w0jx@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] My First Tower
From: Ron Baran <ronbaran@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2019 01:35:45 +0000
Yes, avoid Planning Commissions and requirements for a variance.  Been at this
for the last year and now here near the end.  Town attorney decided that the
Personal Wireless Service applies to Ham radio and can't be budged from his
incongruous position.

Just a quick comment from someone who has been exposed to more tower
information that any human should have to go through.  Here's a site that will
give you some information that you might not like to have.
https://asce7hazardtool.online/

You can type in your address and it will convert to lat and long and then tell
to what speed you have to engineer your tower to.  When I first started looking
for a tower I was confused by the ratings of many tower companies.  "It will
hold 15 sq ft at 50 mph." and such.  Or "15 sq ft of antenna at 70 mph"..
Sounds pretty sturdy, eh?

I ran my location through the program and came up with a wind velocity of 107
mph.  Have fun.

Ron
W9XS