Re: [TowerTalk] Marking cables for identification

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Marking cables for identification
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2019 21:18:41 -0500
There are so many options. At my station I just mark the cables and or the connectors using a fine tip oil based paint pen. The paint has held up well for me on everything except for Teflon coax. In April I made six RG400 jumpers and I used Panduit inkjet wire labels to mark them. THey were easy to make once I found the template and so far the labels are still nicely stuck on the indoor Teflon cable and they look very elegant.

John KK9A

Richard Smith n6kt wrote:

I'm involved in building a fairly large station. There will be many coax, rotor, and control cables coming in to a main entrance of a building. It would be helpful if there was a good method of marking the cables to identify them for routing and troubleshooting purposes.
If you don't mind, would you please share your techniques?
TNX and 73,
Rich, N6KT