[TowerTalk] Hard Line Choices in general & Good Coax for 6 m

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hard Line Choices in general & Good Coax for 6 m
From: Steve Davis | Davis RF <sdavis@davisrf.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 15:50:17 +0000
Hi Alex,

My firm, DAVIS RF Co., advises hams, commercial entities and Mil / Gov't very
often with questions such as yours.  We also have the lowest prices of any ham
dealer for Times LMR, Andrew / Commscope  Heliax Tm, and an excellent
substitute for Andrew Heliax, which is  RFS Cable Wave, an equivalent to
Heliax, at notably lower price.

   LMR 600 is often what I hear from hams for VHF / UHF at a $  expenditure
that is doable.  However, many of them change to RFS 1/2" when I note the fact
that it is
slightly lower loss at 6 m., has a bend radius of 3", vs. 6"  for LMR-600, and
the fact that is is notably less expensive than LMR 600, or Andrew 1/2" Heliax.
 RFS is a high quality cable and the connector cost is similar.  Plus we will
install connectors using mfr. certified installers.

All accessories of the above 3 noted mfrs (connectors, shield grounding,
hangers, etc) are also lowest priced.

   Lastly, we provide free shipping on orders over $  75.00, which would apply
to your noted scenario.

    I will contact you directly for more info and then give you a detailed
assessment showing attenuation figures dB and actual power attenuation based on
your xmtr output,. frequency and length of cable. I will also include LMR -400
just in case that makes sense to you.

We are the only ham dealer that I am aware of that provides such detailed info.
I am a cable design engineer and ham of over 50 years.

     73,  Steve,  K1PEK,  DAVIS RF Co., Division of Orion Wire Co., Inc.

than "Re: Contents of TowerTalk digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. looking for good coax for 6m (Alex Malyava)

   3. Re: looking for good coax for 6m (David Gilbert)
   lux)

Message: 1