Re: [TowerTalk] help on long rotor runs??

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] help on long rotor runs??
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2019 20:04:52 -0500
You did not mention the conductor size but I would consider 200 feet a short cable run. I am thinking that you have something else wrong. Check your wiring again and try temporarily eliminating the lightning protection. I think most people just use MOVs on rotators,

John KK9A

From: w5jmw
Date: Tue Oct 8

I need ideas on a long rotor run.It's about 200 ft.I have a nre rebuilt
T2x.I tested the tower run which is about 60ft.Worked fine.I then
installed it and connected from the up the tower run to lightning
protection.Gas charged modules,I did check for shorts before
connecting.I then connected the full run.The meter goes to north upon
power,which is where I left it after first test.All lights up.when I
press the brake it appears it locks and the jumper wires get very,very
hot....I presume it is a volyage problem,voltage derop from the long
run....What can I do.This is the heavy duty cable from
dxengineering..Add 2 wires of larger size 0n 1 an2 ?? ideas...