Re: [TowerTalk] Concrete for tower base

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Concrete for tower base
From: "Art Greenberg" <art@artg.tv>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 15:54:32 -0500
Thanks Dave.

Well, I am taking the instructions rather literally, I guess. Maybe too much so?

Now that I am looking again ... I have an older copy of the instructions from
the TriEx days that shows the base 6 inches above the concrete on one page and
16 inches on another. I was stuck on the 6 inch measurement. A newer version of
the instructions shows 16 inches in all of the drawings, so yeah, that's
probably more like it.

The instructions show the cross members fastened using the lowest holes in the
base. Raising the cross members and using some of the holes up higher to allow
for troweling looks like it should definitely work, even if I used something
bigger than the 1x4 specified.

So .... nevermind. LOL.

--
Art Greenberg