[TowerTalk] Position Pot

To: kj6y--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Position Pot
From: Dave Sublette <k4to.dave@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 16:47:35 -0500
One more question for the learned crew here.  I got good advice from my
last inquiry about the pulley -- not going to do it.  Going to rig a single
pulley and a pulley on the tower leg at ground level and use the lawn
tractor as a mule to do the lifting.

Now onward:  For several years I have used Prosytel rotators with both the
ten turn, 10K pot and the 3 turn, 500 ohm pot.  The three turn is better.
But, with either method, the pots seem to go bad after two to four years.
Is there anything I can treat the pot with to lengthen its life span?  I'm
thinking things like fill the cavity under the gearbox with silicons grease
--- or some other scheme.

What say ye?

73,

Dave, K4TO