[TowerTalk] 45G and guys

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] 45G and guys
From: Ignacy Misztal <no9e@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 10:12:17 -0500
I want to have a 100ft 45G installed on my new property. It will hold JK
Mid Tri 40 on top. I plan on adding a Yagi with a  swinging gate at lower
level later, and perhaps shunt loading for 160 and 80m.

My installer wants to use 3 sets of EHS wires. He is ready to substitute
the top one with Phillistran. So here are my questions:

Are EHS guys likely to cause interactions with top and medium beams?
Do EHS guys compromise tower for 160M shunt feeding?
Do I need 3 sets of guys?
Should I move to Phillistran?
Is Phillistran 7000 lb on top and 4000 at bottom good enough?

The installer wants to build the tower with the beam on top. Have the beam
at 3 ft, then raise to 13, 23,....Perhaps that's why 3 sets of guys. The
location is in E GA, with relatively low wind.

Ignacy, NO9E