Re: [TowerTalk] JK Mid Tri opinions

To: Robert Harmon <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] JK Mid Tri opinions
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2019 20:07:46 -0600
I put one up last summer. It seems to work fine, though the f/b appears to be
only 12-15 dB. That’s not necessarily a bad thing.

The SWR looks very good measured at the shack, closely matching the published
curves. Strangely, when I measured it up at the feedpoint, it looked different,
though not really bad. Feedline loss is too low to explain that, so I don’t
know what to make of it. W3JK predicted this effect.

I’ve not tried load it on 12 or 17.

73,

Scott K9MA

Scott Ellington