[TowerTalk] FW: Coax Crimp-On Connectors

To: "'Tower Talk'" <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FW: Coax Crimp-On Connectors
From: "Matt" <maflukey@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2020 01:01:04 -0600
I acquired several sets of Daniels "Military Style" open frame crimpers with
an assortment of interchangeable dies several years ago...   best thing
since sliced bread!   I believe these are also marketed under Amphenol and
DMC names - same tool.    For anyone that is using these and needs to know
what dies fit which cable ends I put a cross-referenced table up on my
website.   John is spot on that some of the simple compound leverage
crimpers require a lot of grip muscle to operate.    The Daniels tools have
plenty of mechanical leverage and work similar to a press, so they don't
have that problem.   They also progressively ratchet in a "go-no go" fashion
so you don't have to wonder if you fully crimped the connection.   Add two
progressive layers of heat shrink overlapping the crimped barrel of an
N-connector and you are fully serviceable and watertight without having to
deal with any sticky goo.

Another excellent investment is the latest coax stripping kit available from
DX Engineering.   They come as a set and they have really saved me a lot of
time - especially when I have had a lot of cables to terminate at one time.
Thanks Tim!

Hope this info is useful.

73
Matt