Re: [TowerTalk] Help identifying alloy in mast

To: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help identifying alloy in mast
From: Doug Christensen <auriga1usa@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2020 16:00:38 -0600
One can often tell the amount of nickel, chromium, or carbon in an alloy by
doing a high speed grinding test. The higher the nickel, chromium or carbon
content, The more sparks you will have with the same " feed & speed ". Just
an old machinist that knows high alloy materials as compared to mild steel.