Re: [TowerTalk] Need info on balun for Hygain TH-7DX antenna

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Need info on balun for Hygain TH-7DX antenna
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2020 10:42:17 -0500
FWIW, I used a BN-86 balun on a TH7 for 30 years at 1.5 kW SSB and CW, with no problem at all. I did not operate RTTY or AM. I also never accidentally tried to load up the TH7 on 40 meters, which I know will destroy a BN-86.

That said, I would replace it with a different kind of balun. It is definitely 1:1.

73,
Scott K9MA