Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran Abrasion Resistance

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran Abrasion Resistance
From: K9MA <k9ma@sdellington.us>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 15:26:41 -0500
Unfortunately, one guy wire goes right between two closely spaced elements, so rotating the antenna won't help. There's no other way to avoid contact, though it will only occur during high winds. I did do a crude abrasion test with a smooth drill bit, and concluded that the jacket is very tough.

73,
Scott K9MA