Re: [TowerTalk] 220v trench proximity to 7/8” feedline trench?

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 220v trench proximity to 7/8” feedline trench?
From: Steve Maki <lists@oakcom.org>
Date: Fri, 7 Aug 2020 18:52:46 -0400
Right, that's why I narrowed it down to 60 Hz field concerns, and didn't mention codes. I assumed folks would be able to parse that out.

-Steve K8LX

On 08/07/20 18:29 PM, john nistico wrote:

You should never run line voltage in the same conduit or within 3 feet of lines
unless the insulation voltage ratings are rated for the same voltage. This is
as per the national electric code.

If it's the 60 Hz field being close to the other cables that you're
concerned with, just de-energize the AC cable when not needed.

I have some some 120V AC lines in the same conduit as my rotator and
relay control lines, with direct buried Heliax just above and below the
conduit (up to to 500' runs), and have not noticed any issues. Normally
I only energize the AC when I need to do some soldering or run a capstan
winch out there, but sometimes forget to flip the breakers off for
extended periods.