Re: [TowerTalk] 80M antenna challenge

To: Charles Morrison <junkcmp@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80M antenna challenge
From: Hostgate <jasimmons@pinewooddata.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2020 17:05:43 -0600
It depends. Short or long range? Or just “something “?  A dipole with small
gauge wire is almost invisible but then you need to hide the coax feedline. An
idea is to run the coax down to the ground behind a tree then bury it by
slitting the soil. Charles has a good idea: string a wire then see if it is
objectionable.

Good way to approach this is to ask for the XYL’s help in finding an acceptable
solution rather than having a debate.

Good luck!

-de John NI0K