Re: [TowerTalk] Running 3-500Z in horizontal position

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>, Bert <ve3nr@bell.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Running 3-500Z in horizontal position
From: amfone via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2020 20:00:14 +0000 (UTC)
 Hit and miss or hit and hit Bert. They are not intended to be in the
horizontal position, the inside of the tube it not made strong enough to stop
the sag.

    On Thursday, October 8, 2020, 3:48:23 PM EDT, Bert <ve3nr@bell.net> wrote:

 I'm working on restoring a SB-220 and need to have the amp on the side
in order to get access for measurements.

Would I damage the 3-500Zs running them in a horizontal position for a
short while testing and troubleshooting the amp? Sagging filament, causing
short, etc. Specs says vertical, base down or up! Thanks!

Bert VE3NR